The unit is designed for automated ultrasonic testing of welds and base metal trunk oil and gas pipelines in the shop or in the field to detect unacceptable defects in circular pipe joints according to the requirements:
- СТО ГАЗПРОМ 2-3.7-050-2006 (DNV-OS-F101);
- СТО 00220 256-005-2005;
- РД 153-34.1-003-01 (РТМ-1с);
- and other regulatory documents.
Automated ultrasonic testing of welds performed with a scanning speed of 1.5 m / min. Testing performed with dry acoustic contact or little (5 g/m) surface wetting. While testing occurs assessment of the nature and parameters of detected defects. At each millimeter weld occurs tracking acoustic contact. When using an external computer channel fixing defects is possible .
- testing without contact liquid;
- compact size and mobility;
- easy to use;
- reliability of testing;
- fast installation on pipe;
- posibility to work in negative temperature of enviroments;